Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
What is ILL?
- Thanks to the generosity of other libraries across the country, you can borrow books and get pdf copies of articles that are not part of our collection.
Who can use it?
- This service is available to the students, faculty and staff of Adrian College.
What does it cost?
- This service is free. The library pays for postage and borrowing fees charged by other libraries.
Due dates and renewals:
- Due dates for ILL books are set by the lending library. Renewals are sometimes possible, but you must request renewals before the due date or items will have to be returned. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a renewal
- You will be charged $1.00 per item, per day for overdue ILL books . This applies to all borrowers.
How do I make ILL requests?
- Look for ILL links in most of our research databases. Usually you will need to enter your name and contact information.
- For books, you can make requests directly from the WorldCat database.
- Copy and paste citations into our online request forms:
- Please allow two weeks for materials to arrive. Often items will arrive more quickly, but you can't count on it.
- If you need resources more quickly, please ask a librarian for help finding resources from our collection.
- Always check the Library Catalog or Journal Locator before making a request. Please do not request materials we already have. It is appropriate to request articles when our online version is missing tables, illustrations, photos, etc. You may also request books when our copy is checked out.
- Some items may be difficult or impossible to obtain. Examples include certain audiovisual materials, archival materials, dissertations, and recently published or rare books. You are welcome to request these items, but it would be a good idea to have a "plan b" in case we can't fill your request.
Ask a librarian if you need help contact email@example.com.